Monday, March 30, 2009

Too Early for Camp Mode?

So in my pursuit of a career in journalism I decided to run for my student association. Anyways as I have mentioned in an earlier post I was the only person with a running opponent. BUT apparently according to one voter today... the other girl dropped out! So as you all can imagine this makes me very excited :) Although I still need to have enough votes to get elected so if you're in journalism still vote for me.

Camp is getting closer which is great since school is totally overwhelming at the moment. Anyways as a supervisor this summer I am required to make sure my staff "bond" so yesterday I organized what I called a Staff Meet and Eat. Aka all my staff and I went out for breakfast to meet each other. As anyone who knows me can imagine I was so nervous all day Saturday and all morning yesterday but in the end (like always) it was really fun and I wondered why I was nervous in the first place.... Such a camp filled wekeend with the friday night dinner, and allergic reaction the breakfast and tonight which is the YCC Fashion Show... not my favorite of camp events but I am excited to see some campers and make a good impression on whatever parents might be in attendance.

Other interesting events of the weekend included: karaoke birthday festivities and ordering mcdonalds at work... there might be more about these events but no guarantees.Oh and hopefully tomorrow's Concordian will include a really fascinating article about composting written by yours truly, me.

1 comment:

TASH said...

caaaaaaaamp!
never too early for camp
i owe my obsession with it all to you emily, who helped me get overly-involved with the first words of "two pairs of shorts? fuck that, you bring EVERYTHING YOU OWN"