Monday, March 23, 2009

A Day of Past and Present

There is something about doing an interview that makes me exhausted. Every time I finish one I feel like I deserve an hour or five hour break before I start homework again. So dumb seeing as I have tons due this week.

Anyways aside from the homework I've got to do, I decided I would 'involve' myself in the school and I am running for Secretary of the JSA (journalism student association). This is quite unlike me but I am really excited anyways! But in Emily fashion out of five available positions mine is the only one where there is more than one person running. How typical. Not that I am not up for some good competition... because I am! If I do get elected I might need to invest in a laptop battery that lasts more than 20 minutes or in a mac. ALSO people I need you to weigh in on what you think my campaign colour should be. The thing is purple and green would be my first choice but the CSU have clearly overkilled that. So SUGGESTIONS? (leave comments with colour choices!) Ya JSA!

So aside from University drama, for a feature I am doing for the school paper I had to visit my high school to learn about composting. See I graduated in 2006, not very long ago by any standards. EXCEPT the school has completely changed. There is a new lunchroom, and added floor, a brand new second gym, a stage, a weekly podcast, a "green" initiave and you now choose a 'major'... as if I had any of those things. Also I can't forget to mention that there is a whole new set of teachers who were up-downing me trying to figure out why I wasn't in uniform vs the old teachers who barely recognized me and also were trying to decide where my uniform was.
They really mean it when they say you can't go home again.

No comments: