Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tick Tock

I feel like my blog has changed tones recently. I usually would only post when I had stories or revelations I thought were entertaining but now I seem just to summarize my week...
Anyways this week has been quite an exciting one for me. I finally got published - a requirement for one of my classes but still I did it. It has to be one of the best feelings seeing your name in print at the byline. The story was less than exciting it was about composting at a high school, I think the only people who read through the WHOLE thing were related to me. If you are so inclined you can check it out here (scroll down). Also this week I got elected to the Journalism Student Association which seems bigger than it really is since I ended up running uncontested. BUT I am still pretty excited even if I am the secretary. I found out over an email that was headed by this: "If you're getting this email than you've been elected into the JSA. Huzzah!" It is a very formal association as you can see.
So school is coming into its final hours and I cannot believe I have finished my first year of university. It is such a scary thought. The only thing standing between me and camp at this point is two major assignments and three barely important exams. On one hand I can't wait for summer... on the other I wouldn't be all that upset if time slowed down because I am not sure I am ready to be in Year 2.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

come on you nasty, 2nd yr radio show ? je..mily?

antidotem said...

I love reading your blog because I can sort of hear your voice in my head.
It's pretty amazingly creepy.
Congrats on the publish, congrats on the election and yay for you and camp.

Marta said...

Huzzah, Emily!! :D well done! And I read the article, so you now officially have one person who is not related to you who has read the whole thing! It was super - I enjoyed it greatly.

...I'm disgustingly green now.

caroline said...

CONGRATS ON JSA! (yet again, this time in blog comment form!)
we should so organize a jsa/swsa event!