Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mild Freakout

What kind of terrible journalist accidentally plugs the microphone into the headphone jack? So that the entire interview is barely audible? With the assignment already a week late? With an entire grade penalty? With another project in that class due the day after the extension?
The same kind of person who has this comment on their -A test "Maybe you missed the key concept because you have the terrible habit of talking when I am talking" Note: this teacher in his course outline states that a 5% penalty will be deducted from your final mark for every incident you are caught talking. Sounds like I might need to drop this class. But I won't know for sure until I go speak to him Tuesday. Which is fine minus the fact that we have a 10 page research paper due on thursday... meaning I need to start a paper I might not even have to finish.

So Camp sends out a newsletter to all the campers. Being the supervisor means I have a picture and small blurb written about me so parents and kids know who I am. This is fine especially since I get to choose the picture myself. HOWEVER in this blurb they totally messed up my camp legacy saying it was my eleventh summer when really it's my twelfth. They also referred to me as the supervisor of the camp website rather than just simply calling me the camp photographer. So I may be overreacting a little but considering they know who I am and have for TWELVE summers I thought they could have been a little more careful.

K I am done crying... and if you read to the end of this post I apologize for my emoness

Oh and PS - we lose an hours sleep tonight... sucks

3 comments:

antidotem said...

Fuck. I know how you feel. I think.
Your camp is lousy. Twelve summers is pretty intense I must say.
I hate teachers.
At least you never had a teacher touch your collar and tell you "You're not really good at the whole student thing are you?"
Fuck.

caroline said...

i love you!
can we please be friends again?
seeing you for 3 seconds after your mess up of an interview does not count!
on the bright side: at least now you know to double check that the mic is in the right place for next time;)

Anonymous said...

When I read the first paragraph, I had the Stewie from family guy voice in my head the whole time...

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuUBgkdFMqs

Also... I'm blogging again. :)