Saturday, March 28, 2009

Two Tablets - non-drowsy

Moral: Always carry Benadryl (when travelling with Caroline)

So lets go back in time to Christmas where at Alex's family dinner our friend Caroline had what we classified as a mild allergic reaction. She took some Benadryl and everything was great. Now several months later a bunch of us are at dinner for a camp reunion thing. We literally just sat down when Caro turns to me and I notice that her face is all red and swollen. I immediately recognize this as another allergic reaction. We decide to head up the block to get some meds at the depanneur. They don't have any, they don't even know what Benadryl is. We go check another dep on another block, aspirin but nothing else. Twenty-five minutes later and three more deps... still no pills. We decide to bite the bullet and head down to St. Catherine's where we know there is a pharmacy. We go in all excited to finally have ended our search, when we see it aka the metal gate surronding the pharmacy section. No pharmacist = no pills. Just fabulous. Then I see out of the corner of my eye the Bendaryl right next to the gate... arms reach. I stick in my hand and grab the closet one (ended up being the wrong one so I had to take another) anyways... I was worried that we would get to the cash and they wouldn't be able to scan it. Thankfully they were able to and Caro got her pills and her face de-swelled. We return to the dinner 40 minutes later having missed dinner. We were upset and hungry until we heard it was minced meat stuffed chicken that was served. Tear Tear.

3 comments:

Marta said...

Haha who hasn't heard of Benadryl before?!

caroline said...

hahhahahaa i love you emzy!!
thanks for accompanying me on my benadryl search!

antidotem said...

Benadryl is so basic.
Who are these depanneur rednecks who don't know what Benadryl is!!