Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Quick Vent

I have totally neglected this blog over the month of February because I was too busy enjoying some much needed vacation...

Anyways, I feel that I do not take enough advantage of living in Mo
ntreal. It is such a fabulous city full of amazing places that I am unaware of and this bothers me. I live in my little suburban bubble rarely venturing out to different parts of town.
Like for example, last night was Nuit Blanche and although I headed
out to the Old Port I spent more time eating then I did discovering art exhibitions or listening to showcases of local musicians. Or the fact that this week is Montreal Fashion Week I feel should excite me more than it does.
This lack of exploration is especially bad since being a journalism student, I should probably make more of an effort to get to know my city. Especially sinc
e I have a radio assignment due wednesday with no topic and no interviews.

Ahhh... sorry for the complaining I think I am just suffering Back to School Blues.

Though I have to add that one day when lying on the beach with my iPod on shuffle I found my new addiction:
Boyz - M.I.A

2 comments:

antidotem said...

Why am I not surprised. That song has you dancing around the oink oink stalk room with your hands in the air. I'm sure.
I don't know Montreal that well either and I live downtown. It's always fun when you discover new places though. I could bring you a few funky places I know if you share what you find with me.
Don't kill this blog, that would be unfortunate.

amd said...

totally the beach anthem.