Thursday, November 20, 2008

Obviously...

So as part of the journalism curriculum, first year students must attend a play. Our whole year went to see Cat on a Hot Tin Roof at the Segal Centre. This theatre is notoriously attended solely by jewish elders, aka old jewish women with short white hair. Based on this reputation, a few of my friends were teasing me about the fact that they assumed by grandmother would be there. I assured them she wouldn't and told them to stop stereotyping the token jew in the crew.

Well sure enough, the joke was on me. My grandmother called to tell me she too was going to see the play. So when I picked up my friends, I had to admit to them that despite anything and everything I had said earlier that week, my grandmother was front and center in the audience. Not that you could find her among all the other little cute old ladies with white and gray hair sitting next to her.

I was a good granddaughter and went to say hi just before the show started. I ended up meeting half the theatre but its okay cause I love my grandma so I kept a smile on my face as strangers pinched my cheecks.

4 comments:

Laur said...

hahah too funny... this WOULD happen to you.

Anonymous said...

Its about time emily shitt.. we've all been waiting anxiously... in cassse you dont know who this is... i'm guna use the nom de plume "tete rouge" yeee boiii

amd said...

totally jokes.
i'm anxiously awaiting the christian group post though.

Anonymous said...

such a good granddaughter. You make a mother proud