Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hey!

Friday night I decided to be a hermit and stay in and do work. By 10:30 I was productive and working away on my TV package. There was a section I was unsure about so I decided to email my teacher.

So I don't know about the rest of the world, but I find it very hard deciding how to address teachers in emails. Well it always stresses me out (but what doesn't) and I usually go with a simple 'Hi' or I head right into the question.
Friday though, I sent out the email quickly. This is what I wrote:

Hey,
I had a question about broadcast format for websites
(long boring question)
Thanks,
Emily

I didn't reread it I just sent it out and moved on with the assignment. WELL, wasn't I in for a surprise Sunday afternoon when I received the following reply:

"Hey" -- that's a rude way to address one your instructors.
(long boring answer to question)
B. ________

Mortification is the understatement of how I felt. I was totally embarrassed and was freaking out. I figured I would write him an apology explaining that it was a subconscious action... which isn't a lie. I didn't notice the informal heading for my email. So I explained:

Sorry, I wasn't conscious to it. Bad habit from years of informal emails
my apologies
thanks,
Emily

Then I basically spent the next hour clicking refresh in my email inbox. As you can imagine I desperately wanted a reply. Well one should learn to specify when they wish because my reply was less than calming. The reply:

apology accepted...
b.

It made me feel so much better and excited for Monday's class. NOT! Anyways luckily class was okay and instead he picked on other people but I am pretty sure he isn't a fan of me. Unless ... stands for 'you are amazing', which for some reason I highly doubt it does.
FML
oh ps: there are only 18 people in Monday's class, aka - very intimate.

4 comments:

Laur said...

U LIED!
u were at my house friday night!!!

Anonymous said...

what a rude man!!
i always say "hi" when emailing my teachers

Anonymous said...

omggg thats soooo sad
at first i thought you were talking about phil leclerk but thank god lol
cause he picked on you today too so i was like whattt.

amd said...

you need a new post, asap.