Thursday, April 16, 2009

Craigslist aka Jill is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Read this before continuing:CLICK HERE

-----------------------------------------------------------

So I am kind of a missed connection loser too. Basically anything that could distract me on the internet does. However, it has been a few days since I checked because I became rather bored with the quality of them recently. Today I was bored as ever and went to craigslist to have a look. There the post hit me "Cute girl. Store in Westmount" - As a Westmount employee I clicked without hesitation curious as pathetic as that was. I didn't even pay attention to the W4W (women for women).


The messsage itself was captivating: I stopped by a shop in westmount the other day looking for a gift for my cousin, you were the girl behind the counter. Your smile absolutely lit up the room. I was immediately attracted to you. You were wearing some sort of charm bracelet. Your hair was out of this world! Can't stop thinking about those 15 minutes. Coffee

I did not think anything of it initially because A. I hadn't worked in a few days, B. I don't work on cash aka not near any counters and C. Rarely do I ever serve anyone below the age of 35. Yet I have to admit - the charm bracelet got me thinking... not to mention the crazy hair description. (I am known to have some crazy curls and volume at times.)

Anyways my friend Teddy and I were intrigued and decided to use our alias email (musiclova89) that we use for embarrassing things like Moshi Monsters (don't ask) and other numerous iternet stupidity to email this girl back asking for more info.

Not even a second later do I get a call from Journalism BFF Jill asking if I was on Craigslist and saw that post.
GULLIBLE ME goes "oh my god I DID!
Jill goes that is so you!

I continue to be an idiot and go "Is it...OMG!"
She goes did you reply?
and I of course spill that I had.
She goes: "MUSICLOVA89?"
Me - ACTUALLY? JML!

In case you didn't catch on... Jill pulled a nice big prank on yours truly: Me.
I fell for the entire thing and am totally embarrassed but it did make for a good laugh and study break.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that picture: 3 years ago
how long ive been keeping that post a secret: 3 days

antidotem said...

AWWWW. for a second I was like; ANNA?! OR ALEUTIA!? OR EMILY!?
and now im sad that it was a prank.
but a miraculously good one at that.

But honestly, Emzo, last time I saw you, my heart skipped a beat.
Coffee?

Marta said...

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW EMILY <3 you're so cute :)