Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 is Divine

I feel that a new years post is almost mandatory for bloggers considering all 3 people I follow posted one. This new years post should also probably include some major epiphanies and resolutions I have for the coming year...
Pretty much as I mentioned earlier I realized that I am too negative of a person so my first attempt at a resolution was being more optimistic aka being excited for this party I was planning on attending. And guess what? I had a great new year's eve and hope that is a sign of good things to come (this thought too is an attempt at more optimism). Keeping with this theme of happy thinking, I also want to be less nervous about life. For anyone who knows me, they know EVERYTHING makes me nervous, even breathing.
So as to not disappoint myself I will refrain from any more resolutions like working out and eating healthy because I know it is only a matter of seconds before I break those.

Thought it might be fun to share how I spent the first day of 2009:
Well for starters, I didn't leave my house. I woke up earlier than I wanted in a desperate thirst. Probably the result of one too many drinks last night. Barely had an appetite but was made waffles and ate one anyways. Watched the Rose Bowl Parade - super exciting. Watched a bunch of TV I taped all semester. The next part of my day had to be the most exciting... I painted. See for chanukah my mother bought me a scarf. As you already know from my previous blog, I wasn't exactly thrilled. So I explained to her I wanted something more creative. And what does she do? Buys me a paint-by-numbers sort of activity. So here on new years day I began my acrylic painting of a fence and flowers. Monet better watch out. Then I had family dinner where we played scattergories and whoonu. Then I watched more TV and finally ended the night with this post. Not the most exciting day, but not so bad either.

The one thing I just cannot muster up the happiness for is school.... 4 ish days. left of vacation But then it will be study break soon enough and will hopefully get to travel out to visit a friend in Santa Barbara though she isn't aware of this plan yet (another optimisitc thought generated by my new years resolution for more positive thinking)!

Happy New Year's Day
I greatly enjoyed Google's very artistic festivity

4 comments:

Laur said...

Happy New Year to you too.
I'll be back soon enough, I know you miss me terribly!

Anonymous said...

happy new years!
glad to hear u had fun at a party..im impressed.
my new years and new years day was just as unexciting as urs if not worse. i spent the day sweeping and mopping floors which were pretty gross as a result of someone elses new years party!

hope to see u soon

Anonymous said...

scattergories and whoonu sounds like christmas eve at my cousins... you loved it so much you had to repeat the experience!

antidotem said...

Being more positive: Yes Embets. Please.
Your New Years looks like it was amazing. Taped TV and Scattegories sounds like a raving good time. I'm not even pulling your leg.
We should do a Boggle showdown soon...
Since we seem to be given days of grace off work...for some strange reason?
YAY for 2009.
Ps. Paint by numbers is loads of fun.