Sunday, January 4, 2009

Actually? or not...

So as per usual my father went to Florida for winter break and left me frost bitten in Montreal. This of course left me very bitter especially since he was staying inches away from some of my friends. Pre-Florida departure, my father explained he didn't get me a chanukah present because he was hoping to find one while he was a way. Legit explanation.
Anyways, half-way through his sun filled vacation he texted me that I am the hardest person to shop for and that he can't find anything he thinks I would like. So he asks me if there is anything I NEED. Well being the sarcastic person I am, I replied to his text message with a simple "I need gloves and a hat." This reply was SARCASTIC and an attempt to guilt trip him for leaving me behind. Well my father called me back questioning my sanity: "Who asks for a hat and gloves from Florida?!" Seeing this as another great opportunity, I explain that the Abercrombie, Delias, Hollister, etc websites all advertised winter gear. So he is now completely convinced that I am serious in my request.
Note: I am not expecting winter gear from this 'tropical' location'.
Clearly my father misread my sarcasm for truth and told all my friends who he was evidently seeing on a regular basis that their friend/his daughter is nuts. On my facebook wall Alissa goes "and I see joy and your dad every day on the beach and today we discussed how you wanted gloves hahah" and Lauren goes "Hahhaha lol I hear u wanted gloves and a hat for chanukah lol". Oh gee thanks.


Well, currently my father is on the plane ride home and I am anxiously waiting to find out if my request for winter gear was fulfilled. Only time will tell.....

After all the anticipation I received a tshirt, socks and bracelet... no winter accessories! tsk tsk. Also I mentioned to my father that I was into peace signs. AKA each gift received was a peace sign. But overall the gifts were good, no complaints.

3 comments:

Laur said...

I dont appreciate being quoted in a blog post that is ACTUALLY misspelled!

I KNEW IT WAS A JOKE AND YOURE MISREPRESENTING MY COMMENT BITCH!!!!!!!!!!

amd said...

did you find out yet? i'm dying here!

antidotem said...

This story is hilarious. At least your dad got you cool stuff in the end...mine would have probably stuck to the gloves and hat to teach me a lesson in my use of sarcasm...