Sunday, January 18, 2009

Snow-bored.

I am a pretty big fan of winter....Which is pretty depressing to admit especially in this -20 weather Montreal is calling a 'cold spell'. The truth is I associate winter with all things fun like wearing layers, wearing scarves, going tobogganing, lactose-free hot chocolate, Nuit Blanche, skating, fireplaces and especially snowboarding.

Three weeks ago I bought brand new snowboard boots trading my old ones in for a mere $10.... however,the new ones are still in the box. This is pretty depressing since Montreal has had snow since like November. The only wintery thing I have done so far was sugaring off/Tire d'érable which barely counts because it was done indoors at school... I didn't even need a jacket.

Therefore, I am planning to escape this cold during spring break and head out to Florida...something I unstereotypically haven't done since I was maybe 5. I figure that I no longer owe my loyalty to winter and instead I will shed the layers, whip out the summer scarves, drink iced tea and go boogey boarding but come back just in time for Nuit Blanche! (aka Montreal's all nighter).

5 comments:

Laur said...

I'm glad you're coming to Florida!!! :)

amd said...

it is going to be a ridiculous holiday.
perhaps we can find sand dunes and go sand-boarding?
NAAAAAT

antidotem said...

Lactose free hot chocolate is the way to go at all times...
as for your magnificent pun in the title, I'm really loving it.
The all-nighter will be epic this year because I actually intend on doing it (I usually don't...)
If I'm in good company that is.
hint.

caroline said...

yay floridaaaaaaaa!
umm emzy werent you sporting your new boots the other day??

Anonymous said...

nice boots. Where did you get them - hope you had some parental help in choosing them