Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Top 3 - Songs (for now)


Note: These are not my favorite songs of all time but merely my favorite songs of this week.

Narrowing down my playlist was quite the challenge and so was not choosing 3 Jack's Mannequin songs. Also knowing me, I will probably regret my choices within 2 seconds of posting this.
But here it goes anyways:


Jack's Mannequin - Swim
I discovered Jack's from One Tree Hill. I owe most of my iTunes library to that show. Out of 21 songs on the album I struggled to decide between Hammer and Strings and Swim both are awesome. I liked the Hammer and Strings melody more but Swim won because the lyrics deal which deal with his struggle with Leukemia are just so inspiring . I definitely suggest paying careful attention to the words.



The Band of Horse - Funeral
This song was a recommendation from one of my music gurus. It is a little old but I still love it and love them so I put it on my list.

The Funeral - Band Of Horses

Coconut Records - West Coast
This was a post summer discovery recommended by another a music guru. Fun Fact it features a Phantom Planet ex band member so if you nostalgic towards the O.C while listening you now know why.

West Coast - Coconut Records

p.s - I apologize that my Sunday Top 3 appears on a Tuesday

3 comments:

bgonshor said...

I think Jason Schwartzman's a bit more popular for his movies then drumming in Phantom Planet haha. Love the Top 3 list. I owe my Band of Horses discovery to you and this mystery guru.

Jamie said...

YOU SHOULD BE SORRY

caroline said...

good songs!
im impressed that you finally chose 3 songs...
who is this music guru you speak of?