Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fabulous October/November

So in the next month, I have lots to look forward to. Unfortunately though school is interfering with all my excitement. Overall the transition to university has been relatively smooth, but this past week I find myself totally overwhelmed. Of course school has been stressful since day 1 but deep down I knew that I would do everything I needed to....eventually. I don't have that same belief in myself these days however which is lame. There is something about a 10 page research paper on the history of journalism that does that to you.

Anyways, I mostly wanted to write this post to list some of the wonderful events that will happen between now and the end of November.

First there is Halloween. Although I am not really excited actually kind of the opposite but I'm being optimistic and hoping I attend some crazy awesome party. Very doubtful. I am excited about the Halloween Journalism Student Association (JSA) Stache Bash where students are encouraged to wear/grow a mustache in exchange for a free beer. The reason this is so exciting is that at work (toystore), we sell fake mustaches and I am always like WHAT are these for? Now I know! I wonder if I should sport the handle bar or fu manchu.

There is also my trip to BOSTON. So excited. More details to come...

The FEIST concert for which I bought tickets in like april so really it is about time.

Oh and how can I forget? JACK'S MANNEQUIN concert too!

So as I struggle through school I am trying to focus on these fabulous events rather than sulk about all the work I have, that I am not doing.

3 comments:

amd said...

handlebar, obvi.
and thanks, my birthday is in november.
haha i'm really excited for boston too!

Laur said...

BOSTON!!
Yay! I can't wait either! Teehee! yes, I just said teehee, IN PUBLIC!
k this post sucks, but its because I'm on the phone with you and you won't stop speaking haha

Anonymous said...

YAYA jacks!
i cant wait
love karen