Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm a Terrible Person

I make minimum wage wrapping gifts at a children's toy store. If I am lucky I can make an extra $10 a shift from tipping customers. Not that we were allowed to accept these tips of course. Recently someone has placed a Just for Kids charity box at the wrap table. This box is currently filled to the rim with toonies, loonies and fives.

So what is the problem?
Well you see, I can't even count the number of times a customer has thanked me for all my hard work and placed money into the box realizing only after that the box wasn't a tip jar. Joke is on me because only a shitty person can get mad that money is going to charity. Hence my inner conflict. I am frustrated that the change they donated was intended as a "thank you for wrapping 100 gifts for my spoiled child" BUT then I feel worse complaining that the money went to children in need. Upon checking out their hard to find website http://www.jfkfoundation.ca, I managed to feel even worse when I was greeted with this picture:
MORAL: Never resent the fact that your hard work helps children in need.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

awww....

amd said...

you're not a terrible person, you're the cutest. just thought i'd throw that out there.