Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer of '98

In June of 1998, I spent two weeks at YCC, a sleep-away camp up north. I was unaware then that these two weeks would determine where I spent the rest of my childhood summers. This past Saturday I returned home from my 11th straight summer at the Y Country Camp.

One would think that after over a decade at camp, I would be ready to move on in life. This is not the case...
In truth: I am addicted to camp.

This addiction seems a little childish considering I begin university in a little over a week. I am going into Journalism totally unprepared because I rarely write. Friend #1 Jamie thought a blog would be a good way to get me into the habit of writing daily. This seemed liked the perfect solution and with the help of friend #2 Bram, I created The Whiteboard - in hopes of becoming an avid writer.

Problem: it took me three days before I finally wrote something...

1 comment:

bgonshor said...

I am honoured to have been mentioned on The Whiteboard. I know it took 3 days but it was worth the wait. Kudos, Emily White. Kudos.