Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Olympic Nostalgia

So when I was about eight years old, the Roots Olympic clothing line featured a poor boy hat I didn't take off. It was a pretty lame accessory for an eight year old girl but I loved it. One day my father and I went to go pick up my mother at the airport and I was of course sporting my team Canada hat while waiting for my mother to arrive. Once she did, she excitingly told us that Celine Dion had been on her plane and she got her autograph for us. See that may seem lame but the year was 1998 and Titanic the movie was less than a year old making Celine a still very A-list celebrity. Anyways not before my mother could explain the courage she required before asking for the autograph, walked out into the limo line. My parents encouraged me to go meet her and tell her I was a fan. So I approached Celine Dion and have no recollection of what I may have said but I do now what she said..."I like your hat". You may be wondering how this is relevant but it is I promise. So a week or two ago my mother and I ventured into the Bay to check out their Team Canada collection that we saw advertised and fell in love with. Most of the pieces were still not available (like the plaid henley I have on my wishlist) but we did pick up their awesome trapper hat.
I am a fan of the olympics and supporting my country, so I was pleased
that the team Canada line was all made in Canada but was shocked to see that their accompanying Vancouver 2010 line was made overseas.
Tsk Tsk Hudson Bay Tsk Tsk.

No comments: