Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Impending failure

I am not sure if it was the love/pressure from my "fans" that sent me back to this very familiar blog or just nostalgia but here I am at 1 a.m. on the night before my political science essay is due to say that I have officially given up! Okay, that reads a little dramatic but basically I have this essay that is 3000 words due tomorrow and I have written 1600. While an all-nighter would be a solution, I simply no longer have the brain capacity to write another word on the subject of clientelism and patron-client relations in India.

Seeing as it is worth 40%, handing in a half completed essay is basically subjecting me to a mark in the D-F range. For someone who cries at the sight of an A- in political science classes, giving up is not only a sure GPA killer but also an emotional disaster waiting to happen. Yet, despite this I still will not return to the essay because I think everyone is allowed one little fuck up in university and with one semester to go, I figured I would use mine up with this essay. Also as someone who stresses and panics over every little thing, I have a sense of calmness about this decision. This of course may change if I fail the class which hopefully will not happen.

While this was not what I planned as my first post back, I figure I can't justify spending time writing much else while my essay sits neglected. SO for now, this is what is here BUT hopefully with each day the Whiteboard will take one step closer to it's glory days....whenever those were.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

sweet, now i dont have to remove your rss feed from my blog!